Be sure to see responses to frequently asked questions below, it will give you an idea of what to expect for 2022.
Make sure you read all the relevant information and have checked your calendar to ensure you are available.
Priority is given to volunteers with maximum availability.
STUDENTS please consider your study commitments for this period – we get a number of people drop out in the weeks and days leading up to the event as they have “unexpected” study commitments.
What is Involved
Volunteers are required to work a minimum of 12 hours – the number of hours required varies from role to role.
By completing the application form you agree to commit to and work as per your allocated roster. If you are not prepared to work the minimum number of hours required please do not apply.
You will also be required to participate in a Volunteer Induction in late September.
You may also be asked to attend additional training, if required by your Event Supervisor.
Your efforts will not go unnoticed and if you fulfill your agreement – the rewards are bountiful!
- Daily festival wristbands; this will give you access to all general ticketed venues and performances. This allows you to carry out your volunteer responsibilities and enjoy the festival in your free time.
- An official Caloundra Music Festival Crew t-shirt
- Whilst on shift, during the festival, we will keep you hydrated and fed.
- Discounted camping at the Caloundra Primary School. There are a limited number of spots available and details will be sent out after your rosters have be completed.
- A certificate of appreciation for your efforts can be issued on request.
- Also included for free is that warm and fuzzy feeling of knowing you have been a part of something spectacular!
How Many Volunteers Are Needed
We need LOTS of volunteers to ensure the festival runs smoothly and patrons have the best experience possible and we are lucky that we do get an overwhelming number of applications each year. In 2021 we had 450+ volunteers work over the 3 weeks from site build to pack down!
It is important that you provide comprehensive details in your application and you show good availability times in order for us to be able to work with you.
Preference will be given to previous volunteers who have proven their value at past festivals. We will also look highly upon those who are most flexible and are happy to work whenever, with whomever and doing whatever is required!
Any applications that are not successful initially will be placed in a waiting list for opportunities that may arise closer to the event.
If you do not think that you can commit to working the minimum hours required for your role then this opportunity may not be for you.
We also need lots of people to help Monday and Tuesday post festival to help clean up the site. We often struggle to find volunteers for this role so if you are available to help here let us know! Approved pack-up Vollies receive a 1 day pass for CMF2023 for every 4 hours worked during pack-up in 2022.
How To Apply
Applications will open on July 15 2022.
You will be able to access the application form on your phone or computer/laptop but it works best using Google Chrome browser!
Each team within the festival has a number of volunteer positions available. We suggest you read all of the Team and Position Descriptions prior to starting the application form. Please take note of the ‘Availability’ requirements and ensure that you can meet these and all of the ‘Must Haves’ for your preferred position before applying, this will greatly increase your chances of being accepted into your chosen team!
We encourage people to try new things and learn new skills however some positions may require specific skills and experience.
If you have any questions about a specific role do not hesitate to email us at; CMFVolunteers@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au and put “Volunteer Question” in the subject heading and our Vollie’s Manager will get back to you.
Please ensure you complete all sections of the applivation form– as we get an overwhelming number of applications, this will save time in the future!
How To Stand Out
If you want to stand out above the rest be sure to note the following where it applies;
- If you are willing to be assigned to any task
- If you are willing to work any/all hours during the weekend
- If you are available pre & post festival
- If you don’t mind working late or starting early
- If you don’t care about seeing the big headline artists
- If you are interested in working additional shifts to the minimum required hours.
- If you have special skills or experience that will be useful in any of the roles
- Think about your interests and what you are good at – but leave your options open, as there are lots of positions to be filled over the festival period.
I Have Applied, What Happens Next
We will go through each application as they arrive and do our best to let you know, as soon as possible, whether you have made the team or not.
You will be advised of your team after you application is received and processed.
If you are selected to join our amazing team you will have a couple of weeks to clarify any necessary information and make updates to your availability.
We understand that sometime life gets in the way of good things and from time to time people need to withdraw their application, it would be appreciated if you could make your decision BEFORE 14th August when we get started on the rostering process as after that it really makes our job super tricky!
15 July: Applications open
Early September : Email Volunteer Team Allocations and Rosters
September : Volunteer Induction – Wednesday 28 September, time TBC
Please email our Volunteers Manager at CMFVolunteers@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au