Camping Terms and Conditions
Conditions Of Entry
- Campers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult that stays for the duration of camping.
- Pet free.
- No Smoking on school grounds – the designated smokers’ area is outside the front gate.
- Please use the waste containers provided to keep our school tidy. REMEMBER – YOU ARE CAMPING IN A CHILD’S PLAYGROUND.
- Alcohol free – No Alcohol to be consumed on school grounds.
- Site vacated by 10am on date of departure
- Portable shower & toilet facilities will be closed from 10am on Monday 4th October. The permanent school toilet block will remain available for use all day.
- Camping Wrist bands must be worn to gain entry to site
- No generators
- No fires – gas/fuel cooking only
- In the event of heavy rain, vehicle access will not be permitted and the gates will be shut. Movement in the school campgrounds will not be allowed. Campers are encouraged to leave their vehicles outside the gates if heavy rain is expected as the vehicle will not be permitted to leave once the grounds are saturated (unless checking out).
- At Caloundra SS Camp Grounds our number one priority is the health and safety of our guests. In our grounds, increased cleaning and hygiene practices have been implemented. Social distancing (1.5m) applies in all areas of the camp grounds. All campers/visitors to the site must register using the Check-In Qld app. The QR code will be available at the registration desk and at all entry points to the school grounds.
- Conditions are in place at our camp grounds which support Queensland Health COVID-19 directives and keep visitors safe. These include:
- limits on the number of campsites to assist with social distancing
- limits on the number of people who are able to access amenities at any one time
- enhanced cleaning regimes
- keeping contact information for all persons making bookings for contact tracing purposes.
- Visitors must not attend a campsite if they have been to a declared COVID-19 Hotspot in the previous 14 days, have been in contact with a known COVID-19 case, or have symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Always check the latest information and follow directions from Queensland Health regarding COVID-19.
- Please exercise appropriate hygiene with regard to washing hands with soap, use of sanitisers, and leave no trace behind when you depart.
- All camping bookings are non-refundable except in accordance with the laws of Queensland.
General Refund Policy:
- No refunds will be made if you choose not to attend due to inclement weather.
- If the music festival/camp ground is cancelled by an act of God, or any other reason outside of our control, there is no right of refund or exchange, nor any obligation to arrange a substitute.
- There will be no refund on any unused portion of campground bookings if you are asked or forced to leave, or if you decide not to attend.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability of any nature for the acts, omissions or default of those providing services in connection with the campground, or any liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay or additional expenses which are incurred at or in association with this event, regardless of the cause (including negligence). For any condition or warranty imposed by legislation which cannot be excluded or modified, our liability for any breach of such condition or warranty will be limited, at our option, to the resupply of the services, the cost of having the services supplied again, or the refund of the money paid for the campground. In no event will we be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary or special damages.
Covid-19 Specific Refund Policy:
We are not required to offer a refund or credit if:
- A ticket holder is well and does not wish to attend the Festival due to fears of exposure to Coronavirus (COVID-19); or
- A ticket holder is unwell and does not attend the Festival (other than due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) illness or symptoms which can be proven by display of a positive or negative COVID-19 test result); or
- A ticket holder is from a group at a higher risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19); or
- A ticket holder is denied entry into the Festival for reasons which were disclosed to the ticket holder in the ticket terms and conditions at the time of sale. For example, these reasons may include (but not be limited to) non-compliance with mandatory mask wearing or unwillingness to provide personal contact information when requested; or
- The ticket holder attends the performance and subsequently leaves part way through due to feeling unwell.
In the event of a mandated requirement to self-isolate and/or mandated border closures, ticket holders may request a refund if:
- Proof of mandatory isolation is provided or reasonable evidence proving restriction to travel due to Government order is provided
- Requests are made within 14 days from the date displayed on your entry ticket
- We may reserve the right to refuse remedy if:
- There is no current Government order restricting entry into Queensland without having to mandatory quarantine, at the time of the Festival
- It cannot be proven by Government order that you were restricted to travel into Queensland at the time of the festival.
- Requests are not made within 14 days from the date displayed on your entry ticket
- If your reason for not attending the Festival is due to COVID-19 illness or symptoms and/or in the event of a mandated requirement to self-isolate and/or mandated border closures and can be supported with the evidence of COVID-19 positive or negative test result and/or sufficient evidence proving your inability to travel due to Government order at the time of the festival, you may submit a request for a refund. Refund requests may only be submitted within 14 days from the date displayed on your entry ticket.
Friendly Neighbour Policy
In consideration of our local residents and to reduce vehicle damage to the grounds, we encourage campers to make use of the Music Festival free courtesy bus to minimise movement of vehicles in and out of the grounds.
- Buses depart regularly from the bus stop opposite the campground entrance on Queen Street.
- There is to be no vehicle movement on the site between 11pm & 6am
- No loud noise after 11pm. Please respect this so we can continue to provide our facility to you.
Safety And Security
As well as our on-site Managers there will also be professional Security officers who will be on-site from 9pm to 5am Friday to Sunday nights. Please respect that we are a school and need to maintain an extremely positive reputation in our community so campers are required to follow the directions of staff and security personnel at all times.
Please note to avoid disappointment valuable items should not be left unattended at the campground.
The campground is operated by Caloundra State Primary School, all queries regarding camping are to be emailed to: email@example.com