Welcome to Caloundra State School 2022 CMF Camping
As our major fundraiser for 2022, Caloundra State Primary School is providing camping facilities during the Caloundra Music Festival on the school grounds. The four hectare site is flat, open and elevated, with some beautiful shady sites, providing families an affordable accommodation option for the Caloundra Music Festival. We manage the number of campers to maintain a friendly feel.
For more than ten years we have hosted the Caloundra Music Festival Campground. The feedback we received from the hundreds of campers in the past has been overwhelmingly fantastic. This was mainly due to the wonderful campers who make the long weekend a fun, music-filled festival, in the great outdoors. We hope you have a great time here this year in beautiful Caloundra. Please find below a few things that will help make your stay a pleasant one.
Full payment is required before entry to the grounds. Please read Camping Terms and Conditions prior to buying your tickets.
All queries are to be emailed to: CSSCamping@gmail.com
- ID REQUIRED Camping tickets must be named.
- CAMPING TICKETS ARE PER PERSON ONLY (EXCEPT FAMILY TICKETS) Each person camping must purchase a camping ticket.
- AGE RESTRICTIONS Campers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult for the duration of the stay.
- GROUPS and Families wishing to camp together must arrive at check-in together.
- ALL CAMPSITES ARE UNPOWERED
Dave and Barry will be your hosts for the long weekend. They will be assisted by various members of the Caloundra State School Parents’ and Citizen’s Association.
Our managers, or one of their staff, will be on site providing:
- A friendly, welcoming presence 24 hour per day from 2pm Thursday 29 September to 10am Monday 3 October. Please note that the campgrounds strictly open at 2pm Thursday 29 Sep and closes at 10am Monday 3rd Oct (ONLY Volunteers and CMF Staff will be permitted to setup from 12pm on Thursday 29 Sep);
- Checking in and out;
- Assistance in the placement of patrons into their camping areas;
- A sense of safety and security; and
- Information and general campground management.
- Access to the Caloundra State School grounds by the public is limited to the bottom school ovals surrounded by George, Queen and Ulm Streets
- DO NOT access buildings or facilities of the school surrounded by Regent, Queen and George Streets.
- Your camping pass entitles you to:
- An unpowered 8m x 8m site and access to all relevant facilities on the bottom school ovals only.
- Each camping site has space for up to two small tents and one vehicle.
- Extra vehicles can be parked on the street surrounding the school ovals.
- Modern, well maintained hot showers & toilets, cleaned in accordance with our Covid Plan.
- Hospitality marquees (weather permitting) with tables and chairs for use of campers for dining or relaxing (no smoking).
- A powered glamour area to help you create your special festival look!
- On site management and 24hr security.
- NOTE: Portable shower & toilet facilities will be closed from 10am on Monday 3 October.
- BEFORE entering the camp grounds patrons must park on Queen Street and walk to Reception Desk.
- Check in with the Camp Manager to receive your information pack, site allocation, wrist band and vehicle pass. From here you will receive directions as to how to reach your campsite and where to park your vehicle. Be aware of other campers – especially children. Speed limit is less than 10km/hr.
- Families and groups wishing to camp together MUST arrive together. Campsites will not be held.
Other things to note
- Cars need to be parked on the street if heavy rain is expected, to protect the school ovals from vehicular damage in the wet.
- Caravans and larger motor homes will be in their own section. Please park your vehicle outside and check in with camp managers first. Camp managers will then direct you to the entry off Ulm Street.
- Plenty of street parking if you choose not to park on the grounds or wish to use your vehicle during the day.
- Phone charging available – $2.00 at Manager’s Tent. Proceeds to go to the CSS P&C Assocation.
- Address – 56A Queen Street, Caloundra, QLD 4551
- Book and Pay online early to secure your space!
How To Get To The Caloundra Music Festival
- The Music Festival provides free courtesy buses that depart regularly from the council bus stop, opposite the campground entrance on Queen Street. Download the CMF App for all Festival details.
- If feeling energetic, it is a short 1.2km walk to the main stage of the Music Festival. Walk up past the school in Queen Street, veer left on to Queen Street, follow the road up past the water tower and turn right at the Edmund Street roundabout and walk down the hill – you are THERE.
- It is a short 1.5km walk to Stockland Shopping Centre which has a Coles, Kmart and specialty stores for any grocery or camping needs that you may have.
- Caloundra Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre is 1km walk away (unless you cross the fields at the bottom of the school). There are various heated pools including a 50m, 25m, Indoor, rock and kids’ play pool and a skate park.
- The beaches are open and you can also walk to them from the campground. You have the choice of Kings Beach, Happy Valley and Bulcock Beach. Remember to swim between the flags at all times.
Camping Ticket Prices
Available from Friday May 20