Stay COVID Safe
,Being COVID Safe is a shared responsibility. We want you to enjoy the Festival and stay safe.
Enjoying Caloundra Music Festival means following COVID-safe practices inside and outside the Festival.We need everyone to do their bit to keep us all safe, so we ask you to keep a look out for COVID-19 signage, listen for messaging and follow the directions of our staff and COVID Marshalls.
Patrons must register using the Check In Qld App each time they enter the festival site or a different zone within the festival site.
Help us meet Qld Health COVID safe requirements:
- Use the Check In Qld App whenever you enter a festival zone (and any local venues, shops)
- Always carry a mask with you.
Wear a mask where you can’t physically distance.
ALL PATRONS MUST WEAR A MASK: on entry, in the food and bar lines, in the designated dance areas*, CMF Shuttle Bus, public transport and rideshare.
You must wear a face mask at all times, if you are from the following Local Government Areas:
Brisbane, Logan City, Gold Coast, Moreton Bay, Townsville and Palm Island.
You may remove your mask briefly to eat or drink when seated.
*Dance in designated areas – you must check-in to this zone (capacity limits apply, water allowed, but otherwise no bags, food or beverage allowed in this zone).
We strongly encourage you to follow these basic principles:
- Stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
- Wash and sanitise your hands as often as possible.
- Keep a 1.5 metre distance where you can – if an event space is crowded, stay away.
- Wear your mask
- Download and use the Check In Qld App on your Appleor Android
COVID SAVE EVENT PLAN
Caloundra Music Festival is a ticketed and fully fenced secure event. Crowd numbers are expected to be around 5,000 people per day and as per current restrictions, areas for dancing will be operated on the basis that no more than 1 person per 2 square meters to be in these areas at one time.
Consultation with Qld Health determines that this event will operate under a COVID Safe Event Checklist – Stage 3.
The Festival Management Team are aware that these restrictions could change at any time and are in regular consultation with Queensland Health.
COVID 19 Safety measures are being put in place for the safety of our patrons and our local community.
- Controls to manage dancing in designated areas e.g. crowd limits, mask wearing encouraged.
- Occupant Density and Physical Distancing monitored and maintained by Staff, security, COVID Marshalls
- Screening of staff and contractors, performers, and volunteers
- Facilitate Contact Tracing – patrons, staff, contractors, performers, and volunteers must ‘check-in’ using the Check In Qld App.
- Regular and Thorough Cleaning of the site, including high traffic areas and bathrooms,
- Hand Sanitiser and Hand Washing Facilities – there will be sanitiser stations for staff and attendees throughout the site
- Face masks – all our customer facing staff are to wear masks when interacting with guests or patrons. Patrons are encouraged to wear masks at all times while in the venue, including upon entry, exiting and while seated. Masks are not required if able to physically distance while outdoors or while patrons are eating and drinking.
- COVID Signage – signage will be positioned throughout the site to remind patrons and staff of their responsibilities.
Operate areas for dancing on the basis that no more than 1 person per 2 square is in this area at any one time – and mask wearing is encouraged. No bags, food or beverages allowed (except water).
- Soul & Song Stages – 500sqm designated area, allowing 250 people dancing.
- Sun Stage – 100sqm designated area, allowing 50 people dancing.
Introducing a ‘Stop Show’ Process
The ‘Stop Show’ process will be engaged if it is determined that crowds are not following COVID safe practices in front of the stage area. Performances on the affected stage will be halted until crowd control is regained.
First Aid/Isolation Area
Sunshine Coast First Aid Volunteers are providing First Aid services for the event. A COVID Isolation area will be setup within the allocated first aid area. The First Aid area is located just inside the Main Entry gate. Sunshine Coast First Aid Volunteers have their own COVID Safe plan which outlines their COVID Safe practices and isolation processes.