What Date is the Festival?
The festival runs from Friday 29 September until Sunday 1 October 2023.
What time do the gates and ticket booth open?
GATE OPENING TIMES
|Friday 29 September||11:30am – 10:00pm|
|Saturday 30 September||11:30am – 10:00pm|
|Sunday 1 October||11:30am – 10.00pm|
TICKET BOOTH (Box Office) HOURS
|Friday 29 September||10am – 9.30pm|
|Saturday 30 September||10am – 9.30pm|
|Sunday 1 October||10am – 9.30pm|
When will the artists be announced?
When will the artist playing schedule be released?
Artist playing days are available now!
The program is available now, view it HERE
Is there a festival app?
The Festival APP is available now! Go to the Festival APP page for the download links.
Is there Festival Merchandise?
Yes! Check out the Merch Page.
I'd love to be involved! Can I volunteer at the festival?
Yes you sure can! Volunteer applications are OPEN NOW!
Check out all the details HERE
Can I have a Market Stall at the festival?
CMF is constantly reviewing the inclusion of market stalls within the Festival site. There are a limited number of spaces available in the Funky Forest however preference will be given to stalls that offer an interactive activity/workshop for Children.
If you are interested in applying as a Market Stall please complete the Vendor application form, however please be aware should there is no guarantee that we will proceed with Market Stalls.
Vendor Applications for 2023 are CLOSED.
Can I have a Food Stall at the festival?
Vendor applications for 2023 are CLOSED.
When do tickets go on sale?
How much are tickets?
Second Release Tickets are on sale now. Check out the Festival Tickets page for prices.
How do I register on the ticketing page?
Oztix offers check out as a guest or user.
If you’d like to set up an account head over to the Oztix Website.
But I don't have a credit card, what can I do?
If you don’t have a credit card you have a few options…
- Pay with Zip Pay
- Get a friend to purchase your tickets on their credit/debit card
- Purchase a prepaid credit card at your local supermarket, post office or major retailer. Simply buy a card that has the dollar value that suits you!
I am trying to buy a Youth Ticket but the system won't let me?
Youth Tickets MUST be purchased at the same time as an Adult Ticket (upto 4 Youth Tickets per Adult Ticket)
If you have already purchased your Adult Ticket but need to add a Youth Ticket please contact Oztix. You will need to provide them with your existing Order Number.
Contact Oztix HERE
NOTE: As per Entry Terms and Conditions:
25. Youths (13 – 17 years old) can only enter the Venue with a responsible ticket-holding parent or adult guardian. Children (12 years old and under) must be accompanied by a responsible ticket-holding parent or adult guardian at all times. There is a maximum of 4 youths or children who can enter with a single responsible adult.
If I can't make Friday, can I purchase just a Satuday/Sunday ticket?
For all available ticket options visit the Ticket Types & Prices page.
I am 17 but will be turning 18 during the festival, what ticket do I purchase?
If you are purchasing a Weekend ticket and will be turning 18 during the three days of CMF, then you will need to purchase an Adult ticket.
On the Friday you will receive a Youth wristband, then on your birthday (Sat or Sun) go back to the Box Office at the front entry and present your ticket again and photo ID and your Youth wristband will be removed and replaced with an Adult wristband for the remaining days of the festival.
Will tickets sell out?
Do you offer Laybys/Payment Plans for tickets?
Yes we do!
Oztix offers Zip Pay as a payment option!
Ticket Concessions & Discounts
Do local residents get a discount?
Kings Beach residents who live in a specific event zone area are offered a local resident price. Eligible residents are contacted directly in September.
For further information and to check eligibility please email: email@example.com
Do Students get a discount?
There is no “Student Discount”. We offer a discounted ticket for Youth aged 13-17 years. We aim to keep our festival ticket prices as low as possible and provide discounts on the First Release and Second Release Tickets.
We encourage students to join our Volunteer Team – to find out more visit our Volunteer page.
Do Pension Card Holders get a discount?
Yes, if you are the holder of a current ‘Pension Concession Card’ you may purchase a Pension Concession ticket.
Please remember to bring your Pension Concession Card to the festival to redeem your ticket otherwise you will have to pay to upgrade to a full priced ticket.
I have a Companion Card, how do I access carer tickets?
Will the Piano Bar Stage feature this year?
We are excited to bring you 2 fantastic Kings Club areas in 2023!
Check out all the features HERE
Can I bring my children into the Kings Club?
The Kings Club is exclusively for 18yrs+.
Kids are not permitted into the Kings Club at any time.
Using your Ticket
Where can I find my ticket email?
Tickets are sent from Oztix.
If you are experiencing difficulties with purchasing a ticket or the ticketing page, visit the Oztix Website and submit a request or contact them on 1300 762 545.
If you know your Order Number please include in your message.
Can I change the name on my ticket?
Festival Tickets do not need to be named this year!
Please note that Adult & Youth will need to show Proof of Age ID at the entry gates to receive their wristbands.
How do I download my E-tickets?
There are a number of different delivery modes:
- eTicket (QR Barcoded Electronic Ticket): This is where Oztix emails you an eTicket as a PDF attachment to your order confirmation email. You can display the ticket barcode onto your mobile phone, just make sure you have turned up the brightness on your phone display. It is fine to separate barcodes, if people using the eTickets wish to arrive at different times, please ensure that you have one barcode per person as each QR barcode is scanned as an individual ticket upon entry to the event.
- SMS (QR Barcoded Electronic Ticket): This is where Oztix sends you an eTicket as an SMS. You will need to display the ticket barcode onto your mobile phone, just make sure you have turned up the brightness on your phone display. It is fine to separate barcodes, if people using the eTickets wish to arrive at different times, please ensure that you have one barcode per person as each QR barcode is scanned as an individual ticket upon entry to the event.
How do I print my E-ticket/s in hard copy?
Before you print, think of the environment first. If you have a smart phone there is no need to print your tickets, you can show them on your phone to gain entry.
However, if you need to print your tickets, use a good quality printer to ensure that the barcode prints properly. Black and white or colour is acceptable.
How do I use my E-ticket to gain entry to the event?
On the day of the event simply take your e-ticket/s with you as you would for any event ticket. Please present your e-ticket for scanning on arrival at the entry gate.
Each person who has a ticket to the festival is required to have their own ticket when attending the event. Proof of age Identification must be carried by all Adult & Youth ticket holders.
If you are a pension card-holder you will be asked to provide appropriate ID.
Do not give copies of your e-ticket to others. Entry will be denied if a duplicate ticket is presented for scanning at entry. Treat an e-ticket like cash.
I have purchased a ticket but now want to UPGRADE to a Kings Club ticket. How do I do this?
I need to change the TYPE of ticket I purchased. How do I do this?
I bought a ticket on Gumtree/Ebay, can I use it?
No. We suggest you contact the seller and ask for a refund.
We cannote guarantee that the ticket you have is the ONLY copy of the ticket out there.
If a ticket is purchased from a third party and does not scan at the gate, we cannot admit you and we cannot help you.
Oztix does not support tickets purchased via any 3rd party. Purchasing tickets from any 3rd party is discouraged and you do so at your own risk. Oztix accepts no responsibility for issues which arise as result of ticket purchases from any 3rd parties. Oztix recommends you always purchase tickets from authorised ticket agents and not resellers. We cannot verify the authenticity of tickets purchased via any other channel other than the Oztix ticketing system. We recommend reselling your tickets via Tixel, the authorised and safe resale platform.
I can no longer attend, can I get a refund on my ticket?
Sorry, no refunds. As part of the terms and conditions of purchasing the ticket, no refunds are issued.
If you cannot attend an event for legitimate reasons we recommend reselling your tickets via Tixel, the authorised and safe resale platform Tixel.
Getting To The Festival
Can I catch a bus to Caloundra Music Festival?
Thanks to Translink and Councils Think Change Program you can now show your Caloundra Music Festival ticket and RIDE FOR FREE* on all Kinetic (formerly SunBus) services to get you to and from the festival. (conditions apply)
Additional buses are available each day of the festival to help make your experience smoother.
Visit Translink’s Caloundra Music Festival Event Page for further details on the below services:
- Free Additional Route Services (We have added services to a selection of routes to help get you to and from the festival each day)
- Free Charter Services (Buses have been organised to get you home from 10pm until 10:50pm – travelling to Kawana. Nirimba, Sippy Downs, Maroochydore and Landsborough each night)
- Free Park n Ride Services (Shuttles will run on a continuos loop between 11am and 11pm each day of the festival. Park and Ride locations are at Caloundra Bus Station, Caloundra Primary School and Caloundra High School)
Can I catch a train to Caloundra Music Festival?
Thanks to Translink and Councils ThinkChange Program you can now show your Caloundra Music Festival ticket and RIDE FOR FREE* on all Translink Rail Services (excluding airtrain) to get you to and from the festival. (conditions apply – check out the Translink Caloundra Music Festival Event Page for full details)
Landsborough is the closest station to Caloundra – it is just over 20km to the festival site from the station. You can then catch a connecting bus to the Caloundra Bus Interchange. You can use the Translink Journey Planner for existing services.
Important: Please check timetables to ensure you know when the last train leaves Landsborough each day.
For train timetables, please contact Translink on 131 230.
We are currently looking into the viability of running a special charter service from the festival site to Caboolture Train Station each night of the festival – please register your interest HERE if you would use this service.
Can I park at Kings Beach?
There is no public parking available at Kings Beach Park. Catching transport or walking from your accommodation is recommended if possible, or take advantage of the FREE public transport or Park n Ride services.
Check out the GETTING HERE page for all your travel options.
There are mulitiple road closures around the festival site – you can check out all the road closure information HERE
What are the details of the Park & Ride shuttle bus service?
Park n Ride locations are at Caloundra Transit Centre, Caloundra High School & Caloundra Primary School
Check out the GETTING HERE page for all the details
Is there somewhere I can park my bike or scooter?
Thanks to Council’s ‘ThinkChange Program’ we are excited to welcome back Vark’s Valet. Check out the Bikers Valet page for all the details of operating times, available services and special promotions!
At The Festival
Can I bring a chair with me?
Chairs are discouraged but if you need to bring one for medical reasons they must:
– Be low profile (leg height less than 20cm – metal is ok)
– Be kept at the back of the venue
– Be removed when you are not using them
The event organisers reserve the right to remove any unattended chair.
Is the site accessible for people with a disability?
Yes the site is fully accessible. For a full list of accessibility information, please visit our Accessibility Page.
See the Festival Map for locations of accessible viewing platforms and toilets.
We encourage people with special needs to get in touch with us prior to the event so we can provide any information required. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there anything I need to know about entry to the festival?
Please have a squiz at our Entry Terms & Conditions before you arrive.
Do I need to bring cash or card?
The festival is CASHLESS so you need to bring your debit or credit card. The exception to this is some food vendors who will accept cash payments.
With no cash to handle, this helps our bars and services process transactions quickly, meaning more time for you to enjoy the music.
Diners and American Express cards are not accepted.
If you don’t have a debit or credit card you can purchase a prepaid credit card at your local supermarket, post office or major retailer. Simply buy a card that has the dollar value that suits you.
Do I have to wear a wristband?
Yes, everyone within the festival venue needs to wear their wristband at all times.
On entry to the festival, your ticket will be exchanged for a wristband. This wristband will act as your pass out and is proof of your ticket purchase, so you must wear it at all times. Please note the wristband is not transferable, non-refundable and not replaceable – it becomes invalid if tampered or broken.
If you have an exceptional circumstance that requires your wristband to be removed for any period of time then you must organize this with the Ticket Booth prior to removing your wristband!
What should I bring?
- Empty re-usable water bottle up to 1.5L (no glass) – there will be plenty of places to fill up.
- Sun protection! Hat, shirt and sunscreen.
- Your kids! The Caloundra Music Festival provides a very family-friendly atmosphere and there is something for all ages, so bring them along.
- Photo ID – you must present your ID on entry to the festival to validate age for the purpose of concessions and entry to licensed areas.
- Medication – there will be First Aid services for emergencies, but bring any medications/treatments you might require if you suffer from a serious illness or condition, such as epilepsy or asthma.
- Remember to include your contact details on any medication.
- Wet-weather gear – a little bit of rain won’t stop the festival!
- Your Eftpos, credit or debit card. The festival is cashless in 2023!
What should I leave at home?
- Air horns, musical instruments, loud hailers and whistles
- Alcohol and drugs
- Animals (services animals are welcome)
- Any item that could be used as a weapon
- Any item that may restrict viewing
- Audio recorders, drones, camera tripods, selfie-sticks and professional cameras that do not have media approval
- Pull wagons, trolleys, skateboards, rollerblades/skate, scooter & bicycles all need to be left outside the venue
- Commercial brand take away food or beverage
- Frisbees, balloons and balls
- Fireworks or flares
- All drinks (empty water bottles permitted)
- Glass or ceramic items, including water bottles
- Large and/or hard containers (including eskies)
- Laser lights
- Umbrellas and shade structures
- Unauthorised advertising material or flyers
- Any other object that may interfere with the festival, the comfort and/or safety of patrons or any item Festival Management considers inappropriate.
Can I bring my camera?
Standard, non-professional cameras, mobile phones and tablets are fine to bring to the festival.
Video cameras, audio recorders, GoPros, drones, selfie-sticks, tripods and professional camers are not. If you bring any of these in you risk them being confiscated.
Cameras will be considered professional if it is over 250mm in strength and/or has a detachable lens.
Is there a cloak room?
Yes there will be a cloak room service available, located at the main entry.
The price is $15 per day. Electronic payment only.
Please ensure you collect all your items before the main gate closes each night!
Can I bring food or drink into the festival?
No beverages of any type are allowed to be brought into the festival site. Empty bottles (no glass or ceramic) are permissible for use at the water refill stations.
You may bring food into the festival in a small soft esky. However if you choose to bring a bag or soft esky please note this will be searched for security purposes.
Please ensure that anything you bring is either in paper or plastic containers – no glass is permitted.
Please note hard eskys are not permitted.
Can I buy food at the festival?
Yes. There will be a great range of food and drink on offer from food vendors, as well as the many restaurants and cafes around Kings Beach.
Can I drink alcohol at the festival?
There are licensed bars within the festival venue, along with a licensed Kings Club bar.
You must be 18+ to enjoy an alcoholic beverage – please ensure you bring along a valid and current photo ID (a passport, license or proof of age card).
All alcoholic drinks must be kept within the designated licensed areas.
Can I pay with cash at the Bars?
Bars will ONLY accept Eftpos Transactions. You can quickly pay using your debit card, credit card or phone pay.
Simply Swipe or Tap & Go for a speedy service experience!
I don't want to use my debit or credit card at the bar, how can I purchase a drink?
All Bars will ONLY accept Eftpos Transactions.
If you do not have a valid debit or credit card to use at the festival we would like to offer these suggestions:
- Purchase a pre-loaded debit/credit card, for example: Australia Post Load & Go Card or Visa Pre-paid Gift Card or Visa/Mastercard Gift Cards from any major retailer or supermarket.
- Setup Apple Pay on your Iphone or Google Pay on your Android / Windows device.
- Are you coming with a friend? Can you load their card up with your cash?
Is there phone coverage at the festival?
There is mobile phone coverage at Kings Beach park. There is also a payphone available on Burgess Street, just east of the Kings Beach Tavern.
Will First Aid be available?
First Aid services will be available within the festival site.
If you are feeling unwell or have hurt yourself, please head to the First Aid area for assistance. See festival map for locations.
Is there a lost property area?
Please hand in any lost property to the Customer Service tent or Cloakroom.
If you have lost something, you can report it to our Cloakroom Vollies, a register is kept of all Lost and Found items! Collection of all Lost Items will be from the Cloakroom.
If you don’t realise until after the festival, contact us at email@example.com or call 07 5475 7272 and give a detailed description as well as your contact details to Sunshine Coast Councils Customer contact team. If we have it, we’ll return it to you.
Anything I need to know about bringing kids?
Children under 1 year receive free entry.
Children between 1 – 12 years are eligible for the discounted child tickets. See ticket page for prices and conditions.
If you look like you might be older than 12, you’ll need to bring ID (a passport, birth certificate) to prove your age. The Caloundra Music Festival is an all-ages event – if you are 12 or under you must be accompanied by a legal guardian (ie a parent or someone who your parents have given permission to be responsible for you) at all times.
To check out the groovy activities and attractions available for the kids visit our Funky Forest page!
Youth (13 – 17years) must enter / re-enter the festival with a responsible adult.
CHILD SAFETY TIPS:
Kids love Caloundra Music Festival and often take off to explore something super exciting that’s caught their eye! Here are a few ideas to help us reunite you with your child should you become separated:
- Take a photo of your child as you enter the festival each day. This allows us to know exactly what they are wearing and ensures that you have a current photo!
- Make sure you have your mobile number written on your Childs’ wristband. This saves a lot of time trying to get your name from an upset little human!
- Either you or a known person should stay in the spot where you last saw your child. Generally kids will come wandering back looking for you!
- Arrange a meeting spot, somewhere that your child will remember and feel safe going to. (This may also be useful for significant others!)
- Report your missing child immediately to the closest security, police or at the Patron Services Tent.
Will there be camping?
There are plenty of camping options around Sunshine Coast!
Caloundra State School are again operating Festival Camping.