Caloundra is on the Sunshine Coast, just over an hour’s drive north of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
The festival is located at Kings Beach Park, De Vene Avenue, Kings Beach.
Travel to the CMF the eco-friendly way by catching a train, bus or using your very own pedal-power!
CMF encourages all festival-goers to have a think about the way they travel to the festival – read on for some alternative suggestions to the car. Perhaps you can even mix and match a few options to create your perfect travel method.
FREE Public Bus Service
Thanks to Translink and Councils Think Change Program you can now show your Caloundra Music Festival ticket and RIDE FOR FREE* on all Kinetic (formerly SunBus) services to get you to and from the festival. (conditions apply)
Additional buses are available each day of the festival to help make your experience smoother.
Visit Translink's Caloundra Music Festival Event Page for further details on the below services:
- Free Additional Route Services (We have added services to a selection of routes to help get you to and from the festival each day)
- Free Charter Services (Buses have been organised to get you home from 10pm until 10:50pm - travelling to Kawana. Nirimba, Sippy Downs, Maroochydore and Landsborough each night)
- Free Park n Ride Services (Shuttles will run on a continuos loop between 11am and 11pm each day of the festival. Park and Ride locations are at Caloundra Bus Station, Caloundra Primary School and Caloundra High School)
FREE Translink Rail Service (excluding Airtrain)
Thanks to Translink and Councils Think Change Program you can now show your Caloundra Music Festival ticket and RIDE FOR FREE* on all Translink Rail Services (excluding airtrain) to get you to and from the festival. (conditions apply - check out the Translink Caloundra Music Festival Event Page for full details)
Landsborough is the closest station to Caloundra – it is just over 20km to the festival site from the station. You can then catch a connecting bus to the Caloundra Bus Interchange. You can use the Translink Journey Planner for existing services.
Important: Please check timetables to ensure you know when the last train leaves Landsborough each day.
For train timetables, please contact Translink on 131 230.
We are currently looking into the viability of running a special charter service from the festival site to Caboolture Train Station each night of the festival - please register your interest HERE if you would use this service.
FREE Park & Ride Shuttle Bus
As parking is not available at Kings Beach, you can park at one of our nearby all day parking locations and catch a free shuttle right to our front door! Parking at each of these locations is FREE.
Shuttles will operate on a loop 11am to 11pm each day.
All shuttle bus services are accessible. If you require accessible parking, we recommend using these services as accessible parking at Kings Beach is extremely limited.
Park & Ride Locations
Queen St Park n Ride - Stop 1 - High School stop is on Bower St, Stop 2 - Caloundra Primary School Campgrounds.
Transit Centre Park n Ride
CMF Pick Up & Drop Off Zone
The best and easiest place to drop off and pick up are the PARK & RIDE locations - see information above!
Cycling to the festival is a fantastic alternative – the wind in your hair, the sunshine on your face, reducing the number of cars on the road, getting active, beautiful scenery and a chance to say g’day to fellow riders as you pass. Wow, there are just so many benefits!
A FREE Bike Valet service is available for all bicycles. e-bikes and e-scooters! Check out the Bikers Valet page for more information.
Please cycle safely………….
- Be visible. Wear bright colours, flashing lights are also great for visibility.
- Carry water with you – the Sunshine Coast sun can be quite warm so make sure you drink plenty and ride in the cooler times of the day if possible.
- Be sunsafe – wear sunscreen and cover up where possible.
- Be road aware. Allow room for speeding traffic to pass safely.
- Give way to pedestrians and other users if on the footpath.
- Keep to the left of the road and overtake on the right.
- Sound the bell when approaching the back of another cyclist or pedestrian before passing on the right
- Limit the use of headphones and mobile phones as they reduce your awareness.
- Consider using a bicycle mirror.
- Carry tools for repairs, flat tyres etc
- Know your route. A missed turn can be a hot mistake.
As the festival site is right in the heart of Kings Beach and Caloundra, there will be many of you living or staying within a short distance from the action… what a great opportunity to take a stroll to the festival site each day! Caloundra is a beautiful location with one of the most scenic coastal walks you’ll find. And if you are tired by the end of the day, you can also use the free shuttle bus to get you part of the way back to your bed.
The taxi rank is located on Burgess Street, just past the Kings Beach Tavern. Please use the QR Code located at the Taxi Rank to order your Taxi!
Ride Share Pick Up
Ride Share pick up location is on Burgess St, outside the Kings Beach Tavern.
If you are driving to the festival, how about filling up the seats in your car and travelling with a friend or two? Carpooling is a great way to save some petrol money and reduces the number of cars on the road, therefore reducing pollution and traffic congestion at the festival site. Plus you’ll only need to find one car park instead of two! Check out the Park n Ride information for details on where you can park - there is no parking available at the festival site.
If you don’t know anyone else heading to the festival from your area, CoSeats is a website that promotes car pooling and assists with pairing up people looking to share rides. Click here to visit CoSeats to save money, reduce your enivornmental impact AND make new friends.
For those of you that are driving, please note there is no parking at the festival site.
Parking restrictions apply throughout Caloundra. Parking on nature strips, areas of open space and parkland is not permitted and we have been advised fines of up to $375 may be issued per vehicle parked illegally. Please also be considerate of residents by not parking across driveways.
There is designated festival parking at the locations listed above, with a free shuttle bus running to and from the festival site throughout the weekend to allow you to ‘Park & Ride’.
Remember to be watch out for cyclists when you are on the road!