Terms & Conditions
Ticket Terms And Conditions
If you breach or do not fulfill any of your obligations of these Ticket Terms and Conditions and Entry Conditions, we retain the right to confiscate items, evict patrons and/or remove ticket wristbands.
- ‘You’ and ‘your’ refer to the customer. ‘We’, ‘us’, ‘our’ and ‘event organiser’ refer to the Sunshine Coast Regional Council (ABN 37 876 973 913). This ‘agreement’ means the purchase of one or more tickets for entry into the Caloundra Music Festival (“Festival”), and it includes these Ticket Purchase Terms (“the Terms”) and other documents referred to in the Terms.
- The agreement is deemed to be entered into in Queensland, Australia. This agreement is governed by the laws of Queensland. All tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable except in accordance with the applicable Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice, the laws of Queensland or as expressly specified in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Festival is an all-weather event. It will continue in rain, hail or shine unless the conditions are deemed unsafe to continue. No refunds will be made if you choose not to attend due to inclement weather.
- If the Festival is cancelled by an act of God, or any other reason outside of our control, there is no right of refund or exchange, nor any obligation to arrange a substitute Festival.
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone the Festival for any reason. In the event of the cancellation in advance of the Festival, you will be offered a refund for the face value of the ticket purchased. In the event of the cancellation or postponement due to Government direction, we reserve the right to reschedule the Festival and offer a ticket exchange to the rescheduled event.
- We reserve the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and may vary advertised programs, prices, venues or seating arrangements. No refunds will be made in this case.
- There will be no refund on any unused portion of tickets if you are asked or forced to leave, or if you decide not to attend any part of the Festival.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability of any nature for the acts, omissions or default of those providing services in connection with the Festival, or any liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay or additional expenses which are incurred at or in association with this event, regardless of the cause (including negligence). For any condition or warranty imposed by legislation which cannot be excluded or modified, our liability for any breach of such condition or warranty will be limited, at our option, to the resupply of the services, the cost of having the services supplied again, or the refund of the money paid for the ticket. In no event will we be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary or special damages.
- All audio recordings of the Festival performers are prohibited
12. Under the Live Performance Australia Code of Practice, we are not required to offer a refund, exchange, or credit if:
- A ticket holder is well and does not wish to attend the Festival due to fears of exposure to Coronavirus (COVID-19); or
- A ticket holder is unwell and does not attend the Festival (other than due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) illness or symptoms which can be proven by display of a positive or negative COVID-19 test result); or
- A ticket holder is from a group at a higher risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19); or
- A ticket holder is denied entry into the Festival for reasons which were disclosed to the ticket holder in the ticket terms and conditions at the time of sale. For example, these reasons may include (but not be limited to) non-compliance with mandatory mask wearing or unwillingness to provide personal contact information when requested; or
- The ticket holder attends the performance and subsequently leaves part way through due to feeling unwell.
13. In the event of a mandated requirement to self-isolate and/or mandated border closures, ticket holders may request a refund, exchange, or credit if:
- Proof of mandatory isolation is provided or reasonable evidence proving restriction to travel due to Government order is provided
- Requests are made within 14 days from the date displayed on your entry ticket
- We may reserve the right to refuse remedy if:
- There is no current Government order restricting entry into Queensland without having to mandatory quarantine, at the time of the Festival
- It cannot be proven by Government order that you were restricted to travel into Queensland at the time of the festival.
- Requests are not made within 14 days from the date displayed on your entry ticket
- If your reason for not attending the Festival is due to COVID-19 illness or symptoms and/or in the event of a mandated requirement to self-isolate and/or mandated border closures and can be supported with the evidence of COVID-19 positive or negative test result and/or sufficient evidence proving your inability to travel due to Government order at the time of the festival, you may submit a request for a refund. Refund requests may only be submitted within 14 days from the date displayed on your entry ticket.
Entry Terms And Conditions
1. No alcohol or illicit drugs can be taken into the Festival. If you are caught with alcohol or illicit drugs, your ticket will be forfeited, and you will be escorted from the Festival site with no re-entry. In the case of finding illicit drugs, the matter will be referred to the police.
2. No drinks, hard eskys, glass, umbrellas, shade tents, animals (except in accordance with legislation), fire/fireworks, video and audio recording devices, including GoPros (other than mobile phones and tablets), professional still cameras, selfie sticks or any item prohibited by law are permitted within the Festival.
3. You agree to a search of your person or possessions on entry to the Festival. Refusal to consent to a search will prevent entry to the Festival, without refund.
4. You consent to be included in any photography, film and/or sound recordings of the Festival or its surrounds and for these recordings to be used by us for any future Festival marketing and promotional purposes.
5. Pension card holders must show their current pension card on entry into the Festival areas, or entry will be refused or, in our discretion, allowed upon payment of the difference between the pension card price and full price of the ticket. Dependents listing on a Pension Concession Card are not deemed pension card holders and must purchase a full price ticket.
6. Youth 13 – 17 years old can only enter the venue with a responsible adult or guardian. There is a maximum of 4x youth who can enter with a single adult.
7. Children 12 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult or guardian at all times. There is a maximum of 4x children who can enter with a single adult.
8. The Weekend ticket is a multiple day ticket for the use of one person and cannot be shared. You will be issued a wristband in exchange for your valid ticket at the gate.
9. Tickets will be redeemed once only at the gate for a wristband in order to gain entry and re-entry. Do not share your digital ticket as multiple copies of the same ticket will not be accepted, and you may be refused entry if the ticket has already been used.
10. Wristband must be worn for the duration of the Festival. Wristbands are non-transferable. Broken or damaged wrist bands will not be honoured.
11. Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased through an authorised point of sale. If a fraudulent ticket is presented the matter will be referred to Queensland Police Services.
12. Tickets must be individually named with the person using the ticket. You must show Photo ID on entry that matches the name on your ticket.
13. Grassed areas may not be reserved through the placement of blankets/ground sheets. The event organisers reserve the right to remove any unattended blanket/ground sheet.
14. Chairs are discouraged but if you must bring one for medical reasons they must:
– Be low profile (leg height less than 20cm – metal is ok)
– Be kept at the back of the venue
– Be removed when you are not using them
The event organisers reserve the right to remove any unattended chair.
15. You may only smoke in Designated Outdoor Smoking Areas. No food or drink is to be consumed in these areas.
16. Liquor Licensing laws apply in all licensed areas. All licensed areas have their own conditions of entry and rules relating to the responsible service of alcohol. Failure to adhere to those conditions of entry or rules may result in refused service, eviction, or refusal of entry to the licensed area and/or Festival areas.
17. Some smaller stages and sites within the Festival have limited capacity. Entry to specific sites may be refused for such time as the site is deemed by us (in our absolute discretion) to be at capacity.
18. Neither we nor the venue will be responsible for any loss or damage to the property (including personal property such as bags, money or other personal items) you buy or bring to the Festival.
19. You are liable for any loss or damage you cause at the Festival.
20. You must act in an orderly manner when attending the Festival. We may refuse entry or evict you if you are behaving in a disorderly, offensive, or inappropriate manner, or if you breach the Entry Conditions.
21. Entry may be refused if you do not obey all government regulations regarding the event.
22. If you are purchasing tickets on behalf of a group, you are responsible for knowing the contact details of all attendees in your group.
23. Be waste and water wise. You must place any litter in the relevant bins provided around the venue.
24. Please respect our town and neighbours, and do not create excessive noise or drop litter while travelling to and from the Festival
All Festival attendees must commit to stopping the spread of COVID-19.
The primary ticket purchaser agrees that they nor anyone in their group will attend the Festival if, at the time of the Festival, they are unwell or subject to a self-quarantine or self-isolation period.
We have the right to evict patrons who are displaying COVID-19 symptoms. If an eviction from the Festival occurs, the ticketholder and/or accompanying group will not be entitled to a refund or exchange.