Terms & Conditions
1. You and your refer to the ticket holder. We, us, our and event organiser refer to the Sunshine Coast Regional Council ABN 37 876 973 913. By purchasing or using a ticket for entry into the Caloundra Music Festival (Festival) at Kings Beach Amphitheatre, Caloundra (Venue), you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (Terms).
2. All tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable except in accordance with the applicable Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice, the laws of Queensland or as specified in the Terms.
3. By purchasing or using a ticket for the Festival, you acknowledge that you enter the Venue and Festival at your own risk.
4. The Festival is an all-weather event that will proceed rain, hail or shine. No refunds will be given if you choose not to attend due to weather conditions.
5. The Festival may be cancelled due to an act of God, state of emergency or any other reason outside of our control and the event organiser deems the Venue is unsafe for the Festival to proceed/continue. There will be no right of refund or exchange, nor any obligation on us to reschedule the Festival (unless otherwise required by law).
6. We may cancel or postpone the Festival for any reason, including due to government direction or a public health emergency. If the Festival is cancelled, you will be offered a refund for the face value of the ticket purchased. If the Festival is postponed, we reserve the right to reschedule the Festival and offer a ticket exchange to the rescheduled event. Free or complimentary ticket holders will not be entitled to a refund for a cancelled or re-scheduled event.
7. We may add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and may vary advertised programs, prices, venues or seating arrangements without notification. No refunds will be given in this case.
8. If you breach or do not fulfill any of your obligations in the Terms, we have the right to confiscate prohibited items, evict patrons and/or remove ticket wristbands.
9. No refund will be given on any unused portion of tickets if you are required to leave the Festival for any of the reasons set out in the Terms, or if you decide for whatever reason not to attend all or any part of the Festival, or you are refused entry for any of the reasons set out in the Terms. Anyone ejected from the Venue will not be re-admitted to the Festival even if they hold a valid ticket.
11. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability of any nature for the acts, omissions or default of those providing services in connection with the Festival, or any liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay or additional expenses which are incurred at or in association with the Festival, regardless of the cause (including negligence). For any condition or warranty imposed by legislation which cannot be excluded or modified, our liability will be limited, at our option, to the resupply of the services, the cost of having the services supplied again, or the refund for the face value of the ticket purchased. In no event will we be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary or special damages.
12. The weekend ticket is a multiple day ticket for use by one person and cannot be shared. You will be issued a wristband in exchange for your valid ticket at the gate.
13. Tickets will be redeemed once only at the gate for a wristband to gain entry and re-entry to the Festival. Do not share your digital ticket as multiple copies of the same ticket will not be accepted, and you will be refused entry if the ticket has already been used.
14. Wristband must be worn for the duration of the Festival. Wristbands are non-transferable. Damaged wristbands will be rendered invalid and will not be replaced. Anyone entering the Venue or found onsite at the Festival without a valid wristband will be deemed to have trespassed and will be ejected from the Venue. Your wristband is your responsibility and any lost, stolen or damaged wristband will not be replaced.
15. Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased through an authorised point of sale. Your ticket is your responsibility and any lost, stolen or damaged ticket will not be replaced or reissued. If a fraudulent ticket is presented the matter will be referred to Queensland Police Services for action.
16. You must show photo ID on entry as to proof of age.
17. By purchasing a ticket for the Festival, you agree to be bound by terms and conditions of our authorised ticket seller Oztix.
18. No BYO alcohol or illicit drugs are permitted at the Festival. If you are caught with BYO alcohol or illicit drugs, you will be ejected from the Venue. No refunds will be given in this case. In the case of finding illicit drugs, the matter will be referred to the Queensland Police Services for action.
19. No BYO commercial food is permitted at the Festival. Food is available for purchase at the Festival and surrounding neighbourhood.
20. No BYO soft drinks or any other non-alcoholic beverages are permitted into the Festival. Empty reusable bottles may be brought into the Festival for refilling from water stations.
21. No hard eskies, glass, metal cutlery, knives, umbrellas, shade tents, animals (except for service or assistance animals, such as a guide dog), fire/fireworks, laser pointers, drones, video and audio recording devices (including GoPros but excluding mobile phones and tablets), professional standard cameras (detachable lens or over 250mm strength), selfie sticks or any item prohibited by law are permitted into the Festival.
22. Any items or objects considered by the event organiser and the Venue to be dangerous or capable of causing public nuisance and that could be used to distract, obstruct or interfere with any performer are prohibited.
23. You agree to a search of your person or possessions on entry to the Festival. Prohibited items will be confiscated by the event organiser. We accept no responsibility for confiscated items. If you refuse consent to a search we will refuse entry to the Festival, without refund.
24. Pensioner concession card holders must show their current pension card on entry to the Festival, or entry will be refused or, in our discretion, allowed upon payment of the difference between the pension card price and the full price of the ticket. Dependents listed on a pensioner concession card are not deemed pensioner concession card holders and must purchase a full price ticket.
25. Youths (13 – 17 years old) can only enter the Venue with a responsible ticket-holding parent or adult guardian. Children (12 years old and under) must be accompanied by a responsible ticket-holding parent or adult guardian at all times. There is a maximum of 4 youths or children who can enter with a single responsible adult.
26. During the Festival, you must follow official directions by Festival staff and security.
27. All recordings (audio or video) of the Festival performers are prohibited for commercial purposes.
28. You consent to be included in any photography, film and/or sound recordings of the Festival or its surrounds and for these recordings to be used by us for any future Festival marketing and promotional purposes.
29. Trespassers and anyone helping trespassers will be ejected from the Venue.
30. Grassed areas may not be reserved through the placement of blankets/ground sheets. The event organiser reserves the right to remove any unattended blanket/ground sheet.
31. Chairs are discouraged but if you must bring one for medical reasons they must:
- Be low profile (leg height less than 20cm)
- Be kept at the back of the Venue
- Be removed when you are not using them
The event organiser reserves the right to remove any unattended chairs.
32. You may only smoke or vape in designated outdoor smoking areas. No food or drink is to be consumed in these areas.
33. All patrons must comply with liquor licensing laws that apply in all licensed areas. All licensed areas have their own conditions of entry and rules relating to the responsible service of alcohol. Failure to adhere to those conditions of entry or rules may result in refused service, eviction, or refusal of entry to the licensed area and/or the Festival. Due to liquor licencing laws, it is an offence to remove alcohol from the licensed areas or to supply minors with alcohol. Anyone found doing so will be evicted from the Venue.
34. Some smaller stages and sites within the Festival have limited capacity. Entry to these areas may be refused if the event organiser (in our absolute discretion) determines that the maximum capacity in these areas have been reached.
35. You must act in an orderly manner when attending the Festival. We may refuse entry to or evict you from the Festival if you are behaving in a disorderly, offensive, aggressive or inappropriate manner, or if you breach the Terms.
36. Entry to the Festival may be refused if you do not obey all government directions or regulations regarding the event.
37. If you are injured or ill, we may at your cost arrange medical treatment and/or emergency evacuation as deemed essential for your safety.
38. Neither we nor the Venue will be responsible for any loss or damage to the property (including personal property such as bags, money or other personal items) you buy or bring to the Festival.
39. You are liable for any loss or damage you cause at the Festival.
40. Be waste and water wise. You must place any litter in the relevant bins provided around the Venue.
41. Please respect our town and neighbours, and do not create excessive noise or drop litter while travelling to and from the Festival.
42. All Festival attendees must commit to stopping the unnecessary spread of illness. By attending the Festival, patrons acknowledge that they have considered their own personal circumstances and the potential risks of being in close contact with other patrons within the Venue.